Who We Are

Park Place Drinks Ltd is a small independent premium spirits company, based in central Scotland. Our primary purpose is to develop, distribute and market our own premium spirits brands. The business was established in 2009 by Martin Price, who is also its sole owner.

Our major brand is SW4 London Dry Gin, which we bottle at two different strengths, 40% and 47%. Distilled with 12 botanicals, both variants have gained medals in prestigious international spirits competions, and are available nationally in the UK in the retail and wholesale channels. Both are exported around the world and are available across Europe, the USA, the Middle East and Asia.

Although the company exists mainly to nurture its own brands, over the years we have cooperated with a number of other small start-up businesses, using our experience and facilities to help them to overcome the complexities of operating in the heavily regulated UK alcoholic drinks martket place. We have also produced limited edition lines for some of our customers, and provided consultancy services to a number of other boutique spirit brand launches.

SW4 London Dry Gin 40% and SW4 Batch 47 Gin 47%
SW4 London Dry Gin - Gin and Tonic

What We Do

Park Place Drinks creates drinks, gets them produced, and makes them available for the public to buy, hopefully at a conveniently close physical or digital location.

Park Place Drinks Ltd is is a WOWGR registered business. WOWGR stands for Warehousekeepers and Owners of Warehoused Goods Regulations. That means PPDL is authorized to own, hold and transport goods in duty suspension. Due to the high duty rates applicable on alcoholic drinks in the UK, not to mention VAT, the ability to produce and store goods under duty suspension is an essential component of effective cash flow management for any alcoholic drinks business. We have helped other businesses to start up by forming partnerships which allowed us to trade "under bond" on their behalf. If you are seeking to trade in duty suspended goods, but do not yet have your own WOWGR registration, we can help. Use the contact form below to get in touch so that we can discuss your needs.

If you plan to sell alcoholic drinks "business to business" as a producer or as a wholesaler, from April 2017 you will need to be AWRS registered. The Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (AWRS) means that from 2017, you will have to supply a AWRS Unique Reference Number (URN) to trade buyers and wholesalers of alcoholic drinks. Park Place Drinks Ltd is fully compliant with all HMRC regulations and is AWRS registered. Our AWRS URN is XRAW00000104101. Check us out on the register!

Getting started in the drinks business as an independent is an exciting and demanding adventure. The challenges and costs of developing your own liquid and building your own production facility are not to be underestimated, but they are just the start of the journey. Once you have a product, you must brand it, publicise it, and make it available to the public. It is easy to bring in experts to help you with these tasks, if you have plenty of cash or are willing to dilute ownership of your business. However, with the large numbers of new brand launches out there competing for finance and distribution, this may not be your chosen route. If you have a long term visison, and wish to retain control, it is still possible to create a "DIY" drinks business. We were able to do it, although we learned a lot of hard lessons along the way! We are happy to share our experience on a consultancy basis - get in touch and let's talk about your plans.

Get In Touch

We would love to hear from you if:

  • You want to find out more about our product, SW4 London Dry Gin.
  • You want to buy our product, SW4 London Dry Gin (that's our favourite enquiry, as it happens).
  • You want to know more about under bond storage and transport solutions for your business.
  • You want to talk about launching your own product into the drinks market.
  • You want to ask or discuss something competely unrelated to the above, like "Who built this beautiful website?"

Contact Us